Saturday, December 11, 2010

Oh my! The new Trek!


Is a bike. Sadly. No more no less. It was not a rocket ship. It didn't let ,me go any faster or any farther. It handles nicer than the Marathon but not as sharp as the PRN-10. There are a LOT of gears, most of which I don't need and some of which are suprizingly far apart from each other. Despite the fact that I "went down" to a 58, I found the reach to the bars to be just a smidge too long. I moved the seat a little forward and hope that does the trick. I only did 5 miles or so. I like the 1500 better than the vintage bikes but not that much better. I guess I just expected so much....more. I'll keep riding it in fair weather. Perhaps as I pile on more miles I'll come to appreciate it more. Right now though it's just alright.

edit: I was reflecting today. Rainy days are good reflecting days. The bike, other than felling a tad too big for me, felt like nothing else at all. This was my first aluminum road bike, and pretty much my first aluminum bike at all. It is certainly my first bike with 23c tires that take 120PSI. I expected a rough, stiff ride. I did not get it. In fact, the way that the bike road or "felt" played no part, either positive or negative, in my cycling experience at all. And that's good. I'll say it agiane; nice bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment