Saturday, January 16, 2010

England MUST be flat!


There is no other reason why they would have ever developed the three speed bicycle. Either that or those Olde Tyme English fellows must have been in GREAT shape. As you might have guessed I took my Triumph three speed out for a shake-down run after tweaking her here and there to get her road ready. The bicycle itself is a joy. The ride is plush and oh-so-civilized as one sits up and enjoys the countryside. I do think that I might raise the nose of the saddle just a smidge though. Second gear is nice. I like second gear. First gear is about the "spinner" gear for me in level ground situations. I can see how it might be useful for some people to get up hills and stuff but not this person! Not at 220 pounds any way! Third gear is a tough peddle. As hard as it is though it "runs out" quickly on the down hills. Hate the french all you want but LOVE their geared bikes (I have chosen to credit them with the invention of the ten speed. This does not rise to the level of what most people would call a "fact" but it works for me)! Untill I drop some weight and get into a little better shape I think that the Truimph will be relegated to MUP duty. It will be AMAZING for that use! For my fat ass trying to get up the hills around here, no way, not yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment