Thursday, January 14, 2010

Errands and such today

This little guy here is The Bruce. That's not his name, just one of his several nick-names but it suits him. The Bruce is THE biggest impedament to my cycling for fun and fitness right now. I envy those people who have "normal" jobs some times. Not me or my wife. When we're gone we're GONE. 14, 24, 26 hours at a time. So the other is stuck that whole time doing things that ONLY can be done with the baby. A six month old infant can not really be out cycling with dad in sub-freezing weather so DAD can not be out cycling either. Unless he gets a babysitter!

My niece was kind enough to watch the boy for a couple of hours while I ran and got a haircut. I reached for my trusty Diamondback Sorrento and headed out. I rode down The Hill Of Doom and off through town to the barber. Damn. No cash. Hum, that's a down-side to biking errands: you can't just zip over anywhere that you want to any time that you want to! They were nice enough to cut my hair any way so I headed out to get some dough and a battery for my trusty old Sigma bicycle computer. Surprisingly, I was WAY ahead of time so I headed out for a little fitness. I needed it! I put in about 4 miles of "riding" and I did a couple miles of errands

I'm out of shape. Man! Am I ever out of shape! I do not get to ride my trusty English Three Speed because, quite frankly, I haven't determined weather or no it is particularly trusty yet! My winter outfit was a little TOO warm today. It was supposed to be pretty cold out, 20ish, but I don't think that it was that cold. I wasn't all that bundled up. It was nice to be out though and The Bruce enjoyed his visit with his cousin. It wasn't at all a bad day.

No comments:

Post a Comment