Sunday, January 24, 2010

My Preesssiooouusss......NOOOOOOoooooo....


Yep. I did it. I broke my precious Diamonback Sorrento by riding it around in the winter like a dope. OK, I only put a hundred miles or so on it all winter so it's probably the fact that it's ten+ years old that broke it, or maybe the fact that I smashed the metal cable end where it enters the read D on a rock or something. In any event, about a mile from home, in the winter, she stopped shifting out of granny gear. She was shifting funny in the big gears all ride but (very kindly) wiated untill the last leg before crapping out entirely on me. That little piece is buggered and the cable is all slack. I think that I have another little piece like it and I will try to replace it and pull the cable tight. What a mess though. The chain is all rusty and the front rings are rusty and it's just kinda gross. On the PLUS side, I got out and about and did 9.2 miles (almost
respectable) and did NOT die. It supposedly was 17 degrees out when I started but it felt warmer. I am exhausted though. I thought about taking the 3-speed out but there is NO way that I would have made it.

No comments:

Post a Comment