Thursday, July 29, 2010

My little stumbling block....


This is my daddy-baby rig. I use it to drag this little guy around on Bike Trails like the Rockingham trail or the Bedford trail. He likes it. What I would like to do is take him on the roads in it! That way I could run errands with him or even do some fitness riding with the little guy behind me. I have to tell you, I am very apprehensive about it. I have some pretty busy streets and some pretty steep hills around here and I don't want my little guy to get hurt. Tomorrow I might give it a try. Nothing serious just a little jaunt through the neighborhood back-roads. Sadly, there is no where cool that I can take him, like a park or something, without going down one of those mad steep hills or one of those pretty steep hills. Baby steps I guess (pun intended).

UPDATE: Ok. We DID it! The Bruce and I went out for a little ride around the hood. the thing that I was MOST apprehensive about (going down hills) turned out to not be such a big deal at all and, as I read some where but didn't believe, cars give the trailer a WIDE birth! It was a good ride but peddling that MTB with the trailer behind was more work over natural terrain than it is on a nice level bike path!

No comments:

Post a Comment