Sunday, November 21, 2010

Cyclocross

I went with friends and family to witness my first Cyclocross today. I had heard a lot of hype about what to expect and I was thinking that it would be much more of a circus than it was. I was expecting it to be muddier than it was. I was expecting there to be more running than there was. I was expecting a lot more of....every thing than there was! What it did have were a lot of racers! There were more people on bikes there than I ever did see in one l place at one time. They were all going to be riding at one point of the day or the other. I think my small band were some of the few pure spectators there. I kind of felt out of place. I was there to support a small LBS owner who had given me a special bolt to fit an old bike. He did pretty well. He was racing Cat-4 and 45+ Masters. WOW! Were these guys fast! I was impressed. I am certainly in no shape ,yet, to even think about a cross race. There is racing right now and the Cat-1s go off in an hour or so. We had to come home because the babies were getting cold and tired. I was thinking about going back to watch the fast guys but I'm thinking that I'll just go for a ride so next year I can move from Cat-6 to Cat-4!

Oh, and PS two things:
  1. Those guys are FAST! The cat-4 guys, the over 45 guys, the over 55 guys even the kiddos are FAST!
  2. I didn't see a single Crosscheck in the pack. FWIW.

No comments:

Post a Comment