Thursday, November 1, 2012

My Ross Bryce Canyon






Since I broke my damn foot I am OOS when it comes to cycling these days so all I can do is dream.... Today I am dreaming about my "camp bike" that I leave up at my in-laws' place in case I wanna ride when I am up there. I actually bought the bike to strip for parts to fix a Trek 820 that I had but the bike was in too nice of a condition to chop and, after I looked into it some, I realized that I had a pretty nice and unique ride indeed. Apparently, although the only bike I ever remembered from them was the Apollo 5-speed (you know I had one of those!). I didn't realize that they were a founding force in the Big Name mountianbike scene back in the day or that they once made, here in the USA, competitive MTBs. This one isn't top of the line, by any stretch but I think that it is at least as well specked out as any thing form the other Big Players of the era. It doesn't get ridden nearly enough but I think that it rides pretty nice. I am a little leery of taking it on real rigged trails as it is a little too big for me but for the dirt roads and back streets near FIL and MIL, It's the bomb! 

1 comment:

  1. Utah is one of the most beautiful and enjoyable places for friends, families and lovers. There is something in Utah for everyone, and adventure around every corner. Utah is often touted by its visitors as one of the most beautiful places on earth.

    Click Here

    ReplyDelete