Saturday, December 26, 2009

"My" Bike


This is the one. She's my first adult bike and I waited a long, long time into adulthood to get her! That was in, 1998ish or so. I was SO glad that I had her that I barely, if ever rode her. In fact, I have no recollection of having ever ridden this bike until about 2005 or so when a few buddies from work decided that we would start mountain biking at a local park and reservoir in town. That lasted about a dozen rides when we were transitioning between the two and were soundly passed by a hobo on an old ten-speed piled high with plastic bags full of bottles, smoking a cigarette and riding one handed. That wa the last ride of the season for all of us. She has sat idle ever since until this past summer when I thought that I would dust her off and use her to try to get in shape. I have ridden this bike on and off road for training and on errands. I had my first big wipe out on this bike. It's certainly not a high end bike and I think that if I keep to MTBing I'll get a better one this season. I have three old-school road bikes to ride ON pavement and bunch of bike parts in the basement. Who knows what bikes I'll have in the future. All of these bike have their designations. Mostly I identify them by brand name, like "The Peugeot" or "The Raleigh". Only one bike is simply called "My Bike" and that is this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment