Tuesday, December 29, 2009

There are no followers yet. Be the first!

I got the fantastic opportunity to watch a film recently about the exploits of a young woman blogging about a cook-book. Fascinating stuff to be sure. One thing mentioned in the movie was her angst that no one would read her blog. Well, I don't know what medium she was using to manage her blog, but here on Blogspot there is a big box of nothingness right nest to my posts telling me that there are in fact NO followers of my blog. Now, I understand that my bikes are less important than cookbooks to every one except me. I also understand the subtle difference between no body "reading" this and no body "following" this. Perhaps I don't use enough "labels" for my posts and that makes it hard to find. Perhaps no one is interested in reading about some fat dude peddling around the out-lying urbanish suburbs of Boston (and truth be told, I'm sure that it's more the later than the former). A further truth is that it matters not. You see, I started this for myself as an exercise. I want to use this space to document how I feel about riding, and what parts of it are bringing me enjoyment or displeasure. It is a test of consistency and creativity as I am taking a semester off from school and I want to keep my "writing juices" flowing. Only lastly do I hope for some public usefulness from this blog. If something that I did or said inspires some one else or causes them to have something to add or suggest about my experience that would be great. To those ends I am going to add the word "Haverhill" some where and include the links to a few LBSs that I think are worth and one far, far away in Gardner that is more worth than the ones close at hand but is, unfortunately, in Gardner which, by the way, is a fantastic little Bike City. I saw more winter cyclists there in the hour that I was walking around than I have all season in Haverhill.

No comments:

Post a Comment