Thursday, December 24, 2009

So, about this bike thing. It all started....


... last spring. I thought that it would be a great way that riding my mountain bike around would be a great way to get into shape for riding my dirt bike (motorcycle). I hit a few trails and quickly decided that I was in need of a way to get into shape for riding my mountain bike! I took to the streets. I started street riding with that bike, and old Diamonback Sorrento DX from about 1999 or so. I got to the point where I could go six or eight miles or so in a sitting but I knew that that was nto very far. I knew that people routinely went twenty, thirty, fifty even a hundred miles at a time but it was taking me the best part of an hour to go 12 miles on the MTB. I just don't have that kind of time for getting in shape for the hobby that I do to get in shape for the hobby that I do! I needed a "road" bike!

I passed this information around and, mostly based on information and bragging on the internet from guys scoring valuable bikes in the trash, I thought that I might be able to "find" a nice bike some where. Well, I didn't but a friend of mine that knew what I was up to did. He found and old Peugeot! Very nice. I took her home and cleaned her up and got her running pretty well, if not perfectly, again. I did a little research and found outt hat she was a PRN-10 and that this model was second only to the PX series in the late seventies when she was born. Yep. My bike is older than my wife!

Considering where and when my buddy found this bike and the general condition of it I would have to guess that it was ridden around by a homeless dude until "something broke" and he abandoned it in place. Well, that homeless dude had one sweet ride! The bike was almost ALL stock except for the wheels and tires and they remain un-stock. Sorry to say that this is for one and only one sad, simple reason: the bike does not fit me! She;s about a 52cm bike and at 5'11, I should be on a 58 or even 60cm bike. I AM looking for a trade!

No comments:

Post a Comment