Monday, July 18, 2011

820 Hegemony to end?

I was cruising the local CL looking for...bike stuff I guess, when I came across an ad for a FREE Diamondback MTB complete WITH a baby seat! Heck, the Baby seat alone was worth the price so I high-tailed it over there to check things out. What I found was a blue, Diamond Back Ascent EX from about 1993. It needs a seat and a seat post and a new front tube but other than that, it is complete and in remarkably good shape for a bike that old. Most importantly: it fits me real nice like. The seat is to be mounted on my wife's bike. But the Ascent is to be MINE! I'm not sure what I am going to DO with this bike as I do not have time enough to ride the bikes that I already have but I fear that the 820, and it's crummy suspension fork might be being muscled out by the older and rigidly-forked Diamondback. If I can not figure out two separate roles for these two bikes the 820 might go up on the block to finance biking accessories. Like Dirt Drops and fenders and a nice rack and stuff..

No comments:

Post a Comment