Monday, July 25, 2011

They Laughed at my Little Girl!

We were out in the local State Forest last week end trying to link together some trails into an epic loop. That turned out to be a sketchy proposition at best. What did I say the other day? Something like "piles of horse crap are NOT trail maintenance". Well, they can't repair bridges either. Whatever I guess. It must have been a pretty good ride since I broke my chain. In TWO places! Well, after doing the walk of shame to the car, I loaded it up and brought her Home. Not my home but HER "home": the shop where I bought it. 

Oh, sure, they fixed her right up, but they laughed at her! It seams that Cinderella was not supposed to have a ball gown after all.  It seems that the 16 year old shop rat, as well as the owner, felt it odd that my 15 year old Sorrento was equipped with a Shimano XT rear derailure. "It's what I had laying around" was apparently not the right answer. "must be nice. I wish that I had XT just laying around". Considering that I was in a pretty swanky bike shop in a pretty swanky tow, I wasn't expecting to be viewed as a snob based solely on my collection of spare bike parts! Now I am thinking about getting the whole XT Gruppo for the DB. What a stir that would cause!







No comments:

Post a Comment